ABOUT THE UNION
Established in 2002, the Union of cement producers SOYUZCEMENT is the common voice of the Russian and Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) cement sector.
SOYUZCEMENT brings together the leading manufacturers with 80% of the EEU market and includes engineering companies, research institutes, information and analytical centers.
Together, we strive to maintain a sustainable industry as well as promote and advance the economic, environmental and societal benefits of building with cement and concrete.
Chairman of the Board of the Union - Mikhail Skorokhod, President of the EUROCEMENT group Holding.
- Promoting industrial cooperation in the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union
- Setting up mechanisms for the development of the building materials industry in order to enhance the competitiveness of the cement industry
- Combating counterfeit products and low-quality imports by providing equal market conditions for all cement manufacturers
- Maintaining and improving the training of qualified personnel for the cement industry
- Introducing the best available technologies into the cement industry, and reducing the environmental impact of production
Objectives of the Union:
- Preparing proposals for governmental authorities to further the development of the cement industry
- Promoting the advanced global production technologies and the world’s best practices in the cement industry
- Providing equal favorable conditions for companies operating in the building materials industry by participating in the preparation of legal regulations
- Providing support for specialized educational programs at seats of learning, developing new courses, and promoting the best graduation theses and research projects